Tuesday, March 31, 2009

One more battle!
Posted 11 hours ago
The Last couple of days have been the hardest days of our journey. We were moved to the PICU because of the fluid surrounding his tummy and intestines and because he started to run a fever. They were afraid he had an infection of some sort. They tested the fluid for infection and it came back negative. They drew some blood cultures to test for a blood infection and as of today NOTHING has grown. Thank you god!! They have done multiple test to see exactly whats going on in Travyn's body and why the fluid was accumulating. The test were coming back normal except one test they did on his liver. The test revealed that Travyns Liver Enzymes were extremly high. Liver enzymes are proteins that are produced to catalyzed chemical reactions needed for bodily funtions. High levels of these enzymes may indicate disease or damage. The Doctors ordered an ultrasound on his liver to see if he had a liver clot or any damage from the Chemo. The ultrasound didn't show a liver clot but it did show that his liver is slowly failing by a disease called "Veno Occlusive Disease" VOD- is a disease in the liver that causes the veins to contract and wont let the bodily fluids run through the liver correctly. This disease is VERY rare. This is caused by Chemo (cyclophasmide) they say it is one of the side effects. The doctor said in the 13 years he has been at primary Childrens, he has seen one case of this rare liver disease. He said that they have a medicine that can reverse it but he said it either can reverse it or it cant. However, Travyn didn't meet the criteria and im not sure exactly why. He said that it is not always permanet and in some cases it can get better on its own. When I heard this news I could not believe what I was hearing, I thought to myself "What next?" "and why my baby has another challenge to overcome" He still has one more dose for this cycle but they are laying off for awhile. But I refuse to let this get in our way of fighting this beast and I know Travyn WILL NOT let this take him down!!!! My faith is stronger then ever and God is still on our side holding us both and comforting my family. "WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU, ONLY MAKES YOU STRONGER" right??? and I know the medicines will help Tray but more then that I BELIEVE THAT OUR FAITH IN GOD WILL HEAL MY BABY!!! I DO BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!Now for the good news, tonight they moved Travyn back up to the Penthouse (Oncology) floor where his cute room was waiting for him. I honestly think they saved his room for us because they didn't want to rent a Uhaul to move all his decorations and toys......lolHe is doing GREAT tonight! His enzymes are still high but God will take care of it. ITS IN HIS HANDS. :) GOD IS GREAT!!!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR LOVE AND CONTINUOUS SUPPORT!!! AND ESPECIALLY YOUR PRAYERS. THEY ARE SO NEEDED AND THEY ALL HAVE BEEN HEARD AND ANSWERED. PLEASE KEEP MY PRECIOUS SON IN YOUR HEARTS AND PRAYERS!!!! YOUR MESSAGES ARE SO ENCOURAGING AND I LOVE EACH AND EVERYONE OF THEM..
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
I PRINT ALL YOUR MESSAGES OUT AND HAVE PUT THEM IN A 3 INCH BINDER SO I CAN GO BACK AND READ THEM WHEN I NEED SOME ENCOURAGMENT. WHEN TRAVYN GROWS UP AND I SHOW HIM HOW MANY PEOPLE CARED FOR HIM WHILE HE WAS SICK HE IS GOING TO SEE HOW LOVED HE WAS. HE WILL LOVE READING MY UPDATES AND YOUR MESSAGES. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment