Wednesday, March 4, 2009

PREPARING FOR CHEMO
Posted Jan 25, 2009 1:53pm
Today is Sunday the 25th..... The last 48 hours has been very positive on Travyn's progress. We were moved up to the 4rth floor which is the Oncology floor and where my Son will stay for the Chemo-Therepy treatment. His room is so cute. My Sister Ashleigh bought so many fun and cute things for his room. She loves her little Nephew so much. As for my little boy, he has been sleeping really well and only gets annoyed when the Nurse's need to do there thing. Tomorrow is a big day! He will be getting his Central Line, Spinal Tap and a Bone Marrow Biopsy. The doctors will be performing this surgery while Travyn is sedated. The reasoning for the Central Line is for him to recieve all medications of the Chemo. The Spinal Tap is being done to make sure that the cancer has not spread to that area. The doctors feel that the MRI showed all was clear but have to completely make sure and this is why this has to be done. The Bone Marrow Biopsy is to collect Bone Marrow from my littel hero to make sure it has also not spread into the Bones. We are extremely confident that it will come back negative and he can start his life saving treatments!!! We had some mis-communications with the Oncologist on Thursday last week. The Chemo Therepy will be start THIS WEEK!! When the tests come back and read all clear, AND THEY WILL!!, my tough little boy will start getting the medicine he needs. The first Chemo Cylce will take approximatly 7 days to complete all the chemo medicines. Chemo is actually a combined variety of medicines that are admitted on a strict schedule throughtout the Chemo cycle.. There are some dangers that he faces during this. We must all pray very hard that his White and Red blood cells replentish suffiently after being broken down from the medicines. Infections to the intestines and other organs could be at risk if there is problems with this. White blood cells fight infection and I have complete faith that my Tray Tray will build them up just fine...As for me, I have been doing ok at times and scared out of my mind at others. Still I know I haved to bear down and be strong for not only myself but for my beautiful fighting little boy. GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY! I saw my precious baby boy SMILE at his Mama last night!! It was such a sight for me to see that he was happy for just a little moment and gave me such relief that he is getting better.
Thanks for your love and support everyone!!!! PLEASE KEEP PRAYING FOR MY LITTLE ONE!!!!! LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!
FAITH FAITH FAITH FAITH FAITH FAITH FAITH FAITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment