Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Today Is The Day (Hopefully and Finally) 2/13/09
Posted Feb 13, 2009 12:26pm
Today is Friday 2/13/2009. Today is the day that God intended for my Little Boy to receive his Chemotherapy for his first cycle. Well at least thats what our nurse said, that can change though. Thats hospitals for ya!!! But thats ok, when they feel Confident and Ready to start they will. I am so Scared and Anxious because I dont know what to expect with how its going to affect my sweet little boy. But I have turned it over to God and its in his hands and I know everything is going to be ok. Heavenely Father has him under his wing and I truly believe that, that makes me feel alot better and relaxes my tensions. Our nurse Emily, that is administring the Chemo has been Travyn's nurse the past 4 days and she has really gotten to know him. We have gotten to know her as well and feel extremely GOOD about her giving him his first dose. She said the first Chemo is called "Vincristine". It is an infusion that will go in his Central Line that will go over a couple minutes, and the 2nd Chemo is called "Methotrexate". That infusion will go over A 4 hour drip. They will watch him and make sure he doesn't get nauseated and if he does they will give him something. They will also watch his urine output closly to make sure the chemo is exiting his body and doing its job. I'll keep you posted on his next dose, which could be tomorrow. I just keep thinking that they're is going to be a dramatic change in Travyn and he is going to get sick and he is going to lose all his hair right when they give it to him. But that is not reality. She told me you wont be able to tell a differnece for awhile. Everybody is different!!! Some lose there hair and some dont, some get sick and some dont. I just freak myself out... But Emily (Travyn's Nurse) really explains things to me and answers all my questions, and I ask the most off the wall questions, lol. which makes me feel so much better. I am very grateful for that, or I would be a Basket Case 24/7
Other then that, Travyn is doing WONDERFUL. He is smarter then when I had him at home. He knows a smile and can feel the love and strength we have as a family in his room which has healed him and is progressing the way he is. All your PRAYERS have been answered and that is also what has gotten him to where he his today and his progress. But Please keep praying for my Little Hero we are on our way to recovery and prayers are needed more and more everyday. Thank you so much for your Messages of Encouragement and Contributions to Travyn's Donation Fund. YOU HAVE KNOW IDEA HOW MUCH IT HELPS US OUT....SERIOUSLY, YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!
And to all that went to Chili's to eat for Travyn's Fundraiser. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! God Bless You all!!! Thank you Chili's and a Special Thanks to Twila (Chili's General Manager)
KEEP PRAYING FOR MY BRAVE, STRONG, HANDSOME, FIGHTIN, POOPIN, MY HERO LITTLE BOY!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT!!!! LOVE YOU ALL...

No comments:

Post a Comment