Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Power Of Prayer
Posted Jan 18, 2009 8:20pm
So we were waiting on the nurse to perform another "Spontaneous Breathing Test" to see how he would do with out the ventalator. Travyn started to sound really congested in his chest and lungs. When you would put your hand on his chest it would rumble and vibrate really Bad. He couldn't cough to loosen all the "gunk" so they had to stick a tube that went through his breathing tube through his nose and down his throat to suck all the gunk that was in his lungs. They did that about 5-8 times over and over. I cant even begin to tell you how sad and painful it was for my little boy. He would start to cry but since he had the breathing tube in his throat going through his vocal cords no sound would come out just the movement of him crying and the facial expressions. He even had TEARS. I couldn't handle it. I started to cry so hard and about collapsed I could not see my baby go through with this horrible procedure. But like I keep saying he is my little TOUGH GUY and so he made it through it just fine. After all that I was so worked up and trying to calm myself down I asked my dad and Jayson's stepfather Mike if they would give Travyn another blessing before the Breathing Test so that it would go smoothly and hopefully go well enough so they could take out the breathing tube. So my dad and Mike gave my precious baby a beautiful blessing. It was such a nice blessing too. After that the 2nd Spontaneous Breathing Test was performed and didn't go as I expected. Travyn didn't last very long with out the ventalator so they turned it back on and told me that it didn't look good. They said it WASN'T the narcotics that were making him to not breath because he has been off of them all day for this reason. The nurses told me that the swelling was so bad around his brain stem that it was causing Respitory depression and weren't sure if it was temporary or permanent. So I got all scared and went and explained it to my mom. She wanted to ask the nurse some questions so we walked back into the PICU and the doctor was there. The nurse said "forget what I said and let the doctor explain what he wants to do". I felt happy that it was different news. :) The doctor said he felt good about his breathing and his lungs looked really good. He said that they would never know how he would do without the breathing tube unless they tried without it. He said that he was pretty sure it was the breathing tube that was casuing so much swelling and making it hard to breath. He was confident enough to take it out and see how he would do. but with a backup breathing tube incase it didn't go well. So my nurse told me to go wait in the waiting room for 15 min while they extubate the breathing tube. She said it would be way to hard for me to watch incase they had to put another one back in. So about 20 min later I get a phone call from my nurse and said that the breathing tube was out and to come and see my baby boy. :) I walked in the room and there was my little boy with no breathing tube. He was breathing just fine ON HIS OWN!!! They had to do a couple breathing procedures to help get rid of the inflamation and mucus. They said I would get to hold him after the doctor check him out and everything was ok.
I am so grateful for the power of prayer!! I feel like if it wasn't for mike and my dad and the many prayers that are being said in behalf of my baby boy he would not be progressing like the way he is..
Thank you all so so so much for your love and support.. I love you all very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment