Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday, March 23, 2009
Posted 9 minutes ago
Hey everyone, Sorry its been a while since my last update, We have had a very busy weekend with our little boy. On Friday was a pretty good day.G-Pa left aroung noon and my sister Lindsey came up and hung out. We were able to take Travyn on a walk because his blood counts are still pretty high. Tray absolutely loved it. We took him outsude on the patio. The weather was perfect, the sun was out and the birds were churping. :) Travyn fell asleep so we went back to the room. Jayson got back in town around 10:00 pm. I am so glad he is back. Saturday wasn't a very good day. :(Travyn didn't feel to good. I had to go run some errands so Jayson stayed with Tray at the hospital. While I was gone Tray had his first choking episode. Since he has started Chemo agian he has been very congested and flemy. He started to throw-up and Jayson quickly sat him up. Nothing was coming out and then Jayson realized that Travyn wasn't breathing or crying so Jayson stood up and was patting him on his back. That wasn't helping so Jayson finger swipped his mouth and the back of his throat. He pulled out a ton of thick mucus. Travyn started to breath and cry. He pushed the Call Button for the nurse and nobody came. He kept pushing it and then walked out to grab the nurse. Well Jayson found out the call button was unplugged. We are thinking when House Keeping cleaned Tray's room they must have bumped it or somthing. When I returned to the Hospital, things were calm and peaceful. Tray was asleep in Daddy's arms. I kept looking at Travyn thinking to myself "Why does Travyn look so red?" So I called the nurse in and she didn't know why either, so she paged the resident. While we were waiting Travyn woke up and was very fussy. His heart rate was 200-205 he kept trying to throw up but it was just dry heaves. The resident came in and was very concerned because of how red Travyn was and cause of his high heart rate. I was very distraught and just hated seeing my precious baby go through this. I couldn't help but to cry. The charge nurse came in and had some Morphine to give him. They thought because of the high heart rate he was in pain. The Morphine semmed to really help. He calmed down and fell asleep. His heart rate went back to 160-165 but he still was really red and blotchy. The nurse thought it could be an allergic reaction from the Chemo, so they gave him some Benedryl. That helped with the redness a little bit. Sunday, Travyn had a really good day. G-pa Wayne came up and spent the day with him while we went to church. Travyn and Wayne had a really good day together. Travyn was happy and feeling good. He was still a little red and blothcy. The doctors had no idea what it was but wasn't too concerned. Today, Travyn is doing ok. He has thrown up twice but he's still smiling and happy. He is a little weak and doesn't kick and play as hard as before. Travyn is a fighter and he isn't going to let this bring him down. I love my little boy so much and I cannot wait for the day when I bring him back to St. George. I STILL CAN SEE THAT DAY SO WELL!!!! God is still by his side and still comforts me and my whole family through this rough trial. The poem I posted earlier my dad found. That is truly how I feel and what I believe. My dad could not have found a better poem!!! Thanks Dad :)As for me and Jayson we are doing great! We are hanging tough, We could not do this without you guys and your wonderful prayers. We love you all so much. PLEASE KEEP TRAY IN YOUR HEART AND PRAYERS!!! WE CONTINUE EVERYDAY TO PRAY FOR YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment