Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Chemo Cycle #2 has begun!!!
Posted 11 hours ago
Today is Tuesday and its about 10:30 at night. We have had a really busy day today, but its all been so positive. Travyn started his 2nd cycle of Chemotherapy today at 6:00 pm. They started him out on alot of fluids first so when he receives the Chemo he can pee it out quickly. They dont want the Chemo to stay in his body for too long becuase the potientcy is so agressive and it can be very damaging to certain parts of the body. He was so cute though, he looked lke the "Michillan Man" He was so swollen and puffy from the fluids, I just wanted to squeeze him. I was so nerveous and scared for this cycle to begin. I dont think i am physically ready for all the side effects from Chemo to affect my sweet boy. Travyn has been so happy the past 2 weeks. He has been a different baby. He just loves life and loves to tease and play with everyone. He is a happy 6 month old baby!!! As a parent it just breaks my heart to see what he has gone through and knowing what comes with the Chemo side effects of not feeling good, nauseated and feeling weak. But I know i am mentally ready and I know God is watching over him and wont let him suffer to much. Travyn is not just a little 6 month old baby. He is a 6 month old that has this determined look in his eye telling me that he is going to be Ok and not to cry anymore cause im scared. Im not kidding, Travyn brings more comfort in my life then anything has. He is a FIGHTER and he is fighting this and taking charge of his little body. When I look at Travyn in the eyes, I am thinking of the Chemo just eating away the tumor and doing its job. I think about this daily!!! My baby is so strong and I know that he will get through this just fine.My Mom's friend told her a story about her niece who was diagnosed with a rare cancer and had to go through Chemo for a very long time. She was only 4 years old. She told her Mommy that she was never alone. Someone was always holding her hand. She described him as a Beautiful Man!!! This is SO comforting to me because I believe that Heavenly Father is holding my little boy in his arms when I can not be with him. Even though my heart feels so shattered the peace and comfort can be so overwhelming at times and i know where this comes from. I feel so very blessed to have this feeling.I will keep you updated on his daily progress. I better go try and get some sleep tomorrow is a BIG day and I need to be on top of my game for my precious baby boy!!!
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR WONDERFUL LOVE AND SUPPORT!!!! ESPECIALLY YOUR POWERFUL PRAYERS!!!! WE HAVE HAD SO MANY MIRACLES HAPPEN ALREADY. PLEASE KEEP ON PRAYING FOR MY SWEET BOY... I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. YOUR MESSAGES KEEP ME STRONG AND I LOVE THEM ALL!!!
I PRAY THAT GOD WILL BLESS YOU WITH ANY ISSUE YOU MAY BE FACING AND THAT THE LORD WILL SHOWER YOU WITH HIS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.
THANK YOU AND GOOD NIGHT... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment