Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Travyn's in Gods hands
Posted Jan 17, 2009 2:52am
After the doctor came and talked to me I cant even tell you how happy I felt. I honestly felt like this peace and comfort came over my whole body as if god whispered in my ear "Travyn made it and is going to fight this" once the doctor explained to me the details of the surgery. He said they got 90% or more of the tumor out of his brain. The doctor explained what was left in and why they couldn't remove it as well. He explained it as if it was a "candy Coat" on his brain stem and was way to dangerous to try and remove. He said there were to many veins and nerves running through the tumor. The doctor also said that the tumor was really soft, kinda like jelly. He told us previous to the surgery that it could be really soft and easy to remove or it could be like a rubber ball and really dificult to remove, so we were really blessed it was a soft tumor. He said they all had a really good feeling that it was cancerous. on a good note the cancer wasn't Epdenymoma. They will find out exactly what kind of cancer it is on Tues and Know what treatment to use. What really made me happy was that he said the cancer he thinks it is (which he thinks its between two cancers) is TREATABLE!!!!!!! With either Kemo or Radiation. You could tell the doctor felt really good on how the surgery went. Travyn didn't lose too much blood he said. They only had to use 1 unit which is not very much at all. When I sae Travyn. I FELT SO GOOD INSIDE and was sooo happy to see him as if I haven't seen him for days. He looked so good. No bandages whats so ever on his head. All you can see is a stiched up incision on the left side next to his soft spot. Then next to that was a small white tube coming out of his head so that it could drain all spinal fluid that wasn't able to drain on his own due to the tumor blocking where it would drain. Then Behind his head is a larger incision which is in the shape of an "S" kinda going around his hair line. I just cant get over my baby and how great he looks after being put through a 7 hour surgery... THATS MY FIGHTER FOR YA!!! He is still sedated until tomorrow because they need to get another MRI to see if they all the tumor. SO PRAY THAT IS ALL OUT!!!Now we just need to move on the next step which is finding out what type of cancer it is. Then we go from there... I just barely came down to the hospital library after checking on him. He is doing so good and looks really good a little swollen which will get worse the nurse said. But he looks great and is moving everybody part. HE EVEN SUCKED ON HIS BINKY!!!
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT EVERYBODY. GOD ANSWERED YOURS AND HIS PRAYERS. KEEP PRAYING THAT THEY GOT WHAT THEY COULD AND THE MRI DOESN'T SHOW ANY OTHER PARTS THAT THEY MISSED....LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. TRAVYN AND I ARE VERY GREATFUL TO HAVE ALL OF YOU IN OUR LIVES.

No comments:

Post a Comment