Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sunday 3/8/2009
Posted 2 days ago
Today is Sunday and its about 5:00 at night. I have had an OK day. I went to chruch this morning. It felt so good to be there. I saw 2 of my best friends from high school at church. It was so crazy because last week I was trying to look them up on Facebook and Myspace and could not find them. I just kept thinking about them, wondering how they were doing and just simply wanted to get in contact with them. It was GREAT to see them!! God works in such mysterious ways ;) I LOVE IT!!!!Travyn is doing absolutley wonderful. His blood counts are jumping right back up. The doctors are so immpressed with his progress and how well he is doing. The "Mucositis" is much better and he is not in as much pain. They stopped his feeds on wednesday because they thought it was making the "Mucositis" worst and was really hurting him. On Thursday He was playing in his swing and somehow Tray's little finger got under his feeding tube and he pulled it right out of his nose. I turned away for 2 seconds and I heard him fuss alittle so I looked down and the tube was hanging out of his nose. lol.... I called the nurse in his room as I was trying to hold in his tube. She said "OH YEAH! I forgot to tell you. In the notes it says to tell the Mother, if she wants us to remove the tube we can Untill they start his feeds again." I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!! I WAS SO HAPPY, So I pulled that sucker right out. It didn't hurt him one bit. HE LOVED not having it in his nose. It was like he was saying "Look Mom NO TUBES!!!" Im serious, he was so happy after. He was going crazy with his toys and smiling, talking and getting so excited it straight pooped him out. He passed out in his swing. We are so happy to see him doing so well and we feel so blessed on his progess. They did have to put his feeding tube back in yesterday but thats OK! He is still happy and doing great. Tomorrow is a BIG day for my little fighter. Since his blood count is back up they are going to take Stem Cells out of his Bone Marrow and harvest (freeze) them. So when its time for his Bone Marrow Transplant they will put them back in his blood. This procedure can be pretty painful for Travyn, but I will be right by his side the whole time. I can actually hold him while they are doing it. They put an I.V. in his groind and his blood will run through a machine and the machine will separate his stem cells from his blood. I know! its amazing what technology has to offer us these days. We are so thankful that my little boy gets to have this procedure done because it can do wonders for Cancer patients!!!! I will update you tomorrow on how it goes. Other then that things are going great. For me, im having my good days and bad. Today has been rough but tomorrow is a new day!!! Your prayers have all been heared and we are continuing to see miracles in my Precious Little Boys life. He is SOOO Brave and Strong!! God has him under his wing and isn't letting go until he is well. :)
Thanks for all your love and Support!!! Your prayers are very much appreciated. Please keep them coming!!! We love you so much, and could not do this without each and everyone of you. God Bless You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment