Friday, April 3, 2009

God Hears Us!
Posted 15 hours ago
Where do I begin! So we were moved back to the penthouse on Monday night. But it was short lived. Tuesday seemed to get a little harder for Travyn to breath due to the fluid in his belly pressing up against his lungs. They put an oxygen mask on him because his oxygen saturations were dropping severly. Respitory Therapy came in to assess him and to see if he was going to need a bigger and better breathing machine. They said his lung air bags were having a hard time inflating and deflating. So they brought in a oxygen machine that was very powerful. After a few hours they comtimplated whether or not they wanted him back in the PICU for closer watch. His oxygen sats were in the high 70's. That means he was taking 70 breaths per minute. wow!! Normal sats are in the 30's and 40's. They said that if his oxygen sats didn't improve then they were going to have to intibate him and put him on a breathing machine. So we packed up some baby cloths and blankie's and headed on down to the PICU once agian. I am sad to go down there but am grateful for the special care and attention. He is in good hands there. Everytime we leave the PICU they always say "We hope we dont see you agian down here" Because its the INTENSIVE CARE UNIT!!! Its a step backwards.Yesterday, he slept all day long. I didn't see my beautiful baby's eyes once. He was so sick and not feeling well at all. We just let him sleep for two days straight!!! His breathing was so labored yesterday and it was so hard to see him like this. His little chest sides were dimpling because he was breathing so hard and trying to gasp for air. :( The oxygen machine they had him on was blowing pure oxygen in his little nostrals so strong so that it would open and inflate his lung bags. Last night my baby was so sick and he was connected to so many machines and cords and it was hard to move him from his crib to my arms, so I just crawled right into his crib with him and cuddled with my sweet boy. Even though he was asleep he knew I was there and turned into my chest. It melted my heart. I even fell asleep and took a little napper with my sweet boy. Just like we use to do in my bed. I believe that it was so healing for Tray and myself. The nurses and Doctors that would walk by our room had to do a double take to make sure they were seeing what they were seeing, LOL I fit pretty darn good in his crib and I am going to do it more often. Tray loved it!!!My friends Les and Lora came up because they were in town from Hurricane. Les and my Dad gave Tray a beautiful blessing. (Thanks Les) The past couple days I have felt this calm spirit with me at all times. I feel gods arms wrapped around me. Its so comforting! I do feel like I have handled this whole situation really well and I know its because of all the prayers being said. Today has been a much better day. Travyn's oxygen sats have gone down into the 40's and his liver enzymes have gone from 1400 to 250. Do you know what this means??? This means his liver is healing on it own. He is not out of the woods yet but soon to be. He woke up today when I got in his crib and I handed him a raddle and he grabbed it and was PLAYING with it. We haven't seen that for a while. My family and I were so thrilled and happy that our boy is hanging tough and getting better everyday.I contribute his wonderful progress to one thing and that is the 'POWER OF EACH PRAYER THAT IS BEING SAID ON BEHALF OF MY BABY BOY' How can I ever possibly thank you all for your love, faith, support and your heart felt prayers. I am so grateful for everyday with my boy and I still can see the day when I am leaving the hospital and taking my little Travyn home to where he was born. I am focusing on the big prize "CANCER FREE" and let me just tell you, WE ARE GOING TO HAVE THE BIGGEST PARTY EVER WHEN THAT DAY COMES!!!I will have the Ringling Brothers Circus there!! Thats how big its gonna be! LOL :)
Miracles DO HAPPEN!! and we witnessed one today!! :)
Thanks for your love and support!! We love you so much!! Please keep praying for my lil fighter! God has heard your prayers and he is still listening!!! :) Jesus loves you all and Jesus loves Tray!!!
God is good.....NO..... GOD IS GREAT!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment