Friday, April 17, 2009

What a week!!!
Posted 20 hours ago
Well everyone, We are still here at the hospital!!! On Tuesday Travyn was throwing up alot but wasn't running a fever or anything, he was just having a hard time holding down his feeds. So they decided to keep him one more night so they could keep an eye on him. Well that one night turned into 2 nights. This morning I got a phone call from Tray's nurse saying he wasn't having a very good morning and that he was running a fever of a 104. She said they took some blood cultures to check for infection. When I got off the phone I drove up to the hospital in a panic. When I walked in Travyn's room I just started to ball. He was asleep in his diaper and looked so pale and sick. It was so sad to see him like this. I noticed that he nad no feeding tube, so I asked his nurse why he didnt have one. She said "well he pulled it out so we put in another one and he pulled that one out too!!!" (little stinker)I honestly was happy he didnt have one in because I cant even imagine how uncomfortable that would be. And to all the mothers out there, you know when your kid is sick you want them to be as comfortable as possible and you spoil them. I let him have 2 binkeys. One in his mouth and one in his hand. WOW!! What a softy I am!!! I called my mom and told her what was going on and she immediately called my whole family to let them know and to say a prayer. Well I started putting thick baby lotion on him and i put a cold washcloth on his head to cool him off. He was like an oven he was so warm. I had my nurse call the elders that work in the hospital and they came and gave Tray a Beautiful blessing. They asked me if I wanted one and I said "Yes please" because I was a wreck. Im not even kidding you by the time they walked out the door Trays heartrate was dropping back to normal and I took his temp and it had dropped a degree. WOW, The power of prayer is amazing. Well I am just sitting here while Tray is sleeping and just thanking God for another miracle. But, now we just need to keep praying that nothing grows on the blood culture.
Thanks so much for all your prayers!!!your Love and Support is amazing and I love you all.
Please keep praying for my sweet boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment