Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Home Away From Home.
Posted 19 hours ago
Hey everyone, sorry its been awhile since I have written an update. Wow, I have a story for you! After we were moved to the PICU I get a call from my Social Worker. She said that there was a chance I would have to pack up Travyn's stuff in his room on the forth floor. (and for those of you that knew how much stuff I had in this room you would laugh.) We have been in this particular room for 2 1/2 months and I pretty much made it a nursery. I had stuff all over the walls and it was so cute. I would have nurses from all over the hospital come in my room and say "I just had to come see your room!" "I've heard its the cutest room in the hospital" I think I went a little overboard with decorations. But it was SO cute and Travyn loved it :) Anyway, my socail worker said they were trying really hard to save our room but they might need it because Travyn is still in the PICU. I had no problem with the news. I understand that there are other sick kids. So I said "NO problem, Just let me know." Well 2 hours later I get a call and they needed Tray's room incase they got an admit in the middle of the night. So me and my Mom went upstairs while Tray was sleeping and we started packing. The worst part is that they didn't have anywhere I could store it, so I had to pack it in my car. It filled my front and back seat full. It took us 2 hours and about 5 trips downstairs to my car. They let us use the little kid wagons to pack stuff on which helped alot and save us time. so we get done moving and by that time it was 9:30 so we went and tucked Travyn in said our good nights. I went to my moms house to stay the night. I got a call at 12:00 saying that they needed Tray's PICU room and they were going to move us back upstairs to his old room that we just BARLY MOVED OUT OF. I was so upset!! I asked the charge nurse to please not move him until I got there in the morning. She kept saying she couldn't wait and they were going to move him. The reason why I was so mad was because I felt like the were shuffling my son around from room to room and his blood counts are zero. When chemo patients blood counts are zero they wont even let them out of there room incase they caught a virus. And taking Tray in the halls is very dangerous because of that reason. I was also upset cause they wouldn't listen to me. I honestly felt like I didn't have a voice. Well the charge nurse called me back and said "OK well we arent going to move him because his heartrate is very high and he is breathing alot harder and the Respitory Therapist is concerned" I thought that was strange cause all of a sudden there were all these concerns when he has been stable all day and doing so good. But oh well! What do you do?The next day they finally moved Tray back to the wonderful oncology floor. :) My home away from home!!! I absolutley LOVE the 4th (oncology) floor. I guess we have been spoiled up here or somthing but down in the PICU they treat you completly different. There communication skills are crummy and they are very unorganized. Thats just my opinion though, they do alot of good so I guess the good out ways the bad.Well since we've been back Travyn has done so good. He is starting to get his energy back and he is starting to play and grab everything again and we are just lovin it. His liver enzymes are in the 60's which is awesome!! They removed his tummy drain that was draining all the excess fluid in his tummy from the VOD- "Veno Occlusive Disease" They started his feeds back up yesterday. He is getting 8 mils an hour. He is handling them fine. They start him off at such a small amount because they dont want to make him sick and throw up. They up it 2 mils every hour. The goal is to get to 42 mils an hour. We'll get there! They are going to start weening him off the oxycodone. I am very happy about that! :) And now for the best news, They said I will be able TO TAKE TRAVYN HOME in a week or so. They want his blood counts to come up a little before they send us home. not to St. George but to the Ronald McDonald apartment. OH MY GOSH I am so excited!but it will only be for 1 week. But I dont care, Im just so happy I finally get to take my baby home and feel like a normal MOMMY again. What I mean by that is NO DOCS, NO NURSES (well I will have a home nurse once a day) AND I'll HAVE SOME PRIVACY!!!! YAY!! I CANNOT WAIT!!! Then when I bring him back they will start his 3rd cycle of chemo and we'll do it all over again but this time he's stronger. I believe he gets stronger and stronger everytime .. :D WOW, I truly have so much to be grateful for. My baby is healing up so well and getting bigger and better everyday. He is such a fighter!! I love him so much! I thank heavenly father everyday for all the miracles we have seen with Travyn. Travyn has NO IDEA how much he has impacted my life, my family, friends and people that just hear his story. I have never been so spiritual in my life or have felt so close to God. I want to thank you Travyn. Mommy loves you so much and im still by your side until you are "CANCER FREE" Thats the BIG prize and me and my family are focusing on it so hard!!! MY FAMILY ROCKS! I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my beautiful mom and dad and I couldn't do this without my wonderful family AND GOD OFCOURSE!!
AND TO ALL OF MY FRIENDS ON MY CAREPAGE, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND I WANT TO THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR ALL THE PRAYERS BEING SAID AND THE LOVE AND SUPPORT! ITS AMAZING!!
I LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment