Thursday, April 23, 2009

Our Little Miracle Boy.
Posted 10 hours ago
Sorry I haven't written for a while. It's just been one of those tough weeks. We got the results back on his blood culture and sure enough he had a blood infection. Its called "Enterococcus" It's a bacteria that everbody has in there intestines. But with Travyn the bacteria got in his blood stream and caused an infection. I have no idea how it got in his blood but it did!! :/ and since his blood count was zero, he had NO WHITE BLOOD CELLS to fight this infection. My Dad somehow, someway got a General Authority to come up to the hospital and give Travyn a blessing. I cannot remember his name for the life of me. But, it was such a beautiful blessing and the spirit was so strong. He was such a nice guy and we chatted for a bit then he left. It was the weirdest thing, but right when he left, Travyn started to shiver so bad and he curled into a ball. He was shivering so hard I thought he was having a seziure or somthing. His hands and feet turned purple which is a sign of infection. I called my nurse in and she took his temp and it was back to 104 and his heartrate was high. They took some more blood cultures to send to the lab to test for infection. They say if there is any kind of infection it can take up to 24 hours to grow. The resident at that moment came in and was explaining that they were pretty sure it was an infection but didnt know exactly what kind. She said it could be a sinus infection or a viral infection. As she was explaining to me what it could be her pager went off and she looked up at me and said "OK, Travyn's blood culture came back positive for infection" She also said that they didnt know what kind it was yet but THERE was an infection in his blood. I started crying and was so scared. She was so sweet and she comforted me. She then hurried out ther door yelling at the nurses "OK, everybody the cultures were positive. Lets get moving! "Janet order some Venco now" Venco is an antibiotic that is very strong and aggressive.It was amazing how fast the blood cultures grew and how we got the results back so quick right after Travyn's blessing from the General Authority!! Just one more miracle to add to our many!!! God works in mysterious ways!!!!The following day his fever was down and the infection was undercontrol. The weekend was relaxing and healing. Travyn has been having a hard time keeping down his feeds. He is only getting 15 mil an hour. They are continuous feeds and going at all times. It is very frustrating because the doctors seem to not have any answers on why he cant keep them down and throwing up even if they turn them off for a couple of hours. They have done a tummy X-ray and that looked fine and normal. so we are just trying to rule out whats going on with his little tummy.Other then that, Travyn has been doing great they have decided to give Tray's Liver a break from Chemo because of the Liver disease he got a couple weeks ago. And they are going to start Radiation. They usually wait until they have completed all 5 cycles but they feel like it is nessescary to go ahead and start. I have mixed concerns regarding them starting radiation due to his age. They dont like to perform radiation at too long of age because of brain development. but they feel like they dont have a choice because of the aggressivness of the AT/RT Tumor. But I know once agian I have to turn my sweet baby boy over to the hands of God. And I know he is in GOOD HANDS!!!! God can move mountians and God WILL HEAL MY BABY BOY!!
They ordered an MRI yesterday but we haven't recieved the results yet!! Hopefully tomorrow morning.Today, my Dad and I took Travyn on a walk outside. We took him to a little garden they have at the hospital called the "Angel Garden" It has a stream and flowers and beautiful statues. Travyn was LOVING IT!! I could just tell he knew we were outside getting some FRESH air. The birds were chirping and it was so sunny! He was cooing and saying "Mum Ma" "Mum Mum Mum Ma" the whole time. It brought tears to my eyes to see him so happy and having fun. I know it did him alot of good because he didnt throw up once while we were out there and when we got back to his room he was so worn out he passed out in my arms. He is doing great and im so proud of him!! he is my lil FIGHTER!!! I KNOW DEEP DOWN IN MY HEART THAT I COULD NOT GET THROUGH THIS WITHOUT GOD!! I HAVE PUT MY STRENGTH INTO THE LORD AND HE HAS PUT HIS STRENGTH INTO ME!!!And word has it that we MIGHT be going home tomorrow!!! but we'll see!!!! :-) ;-) :-) :-) :-)And to those of you that have financely donated to Travyn's Donation Fund, I just want to THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH IT HAS HELPED!!!! THANK YOU!!!!
Thank you for all your love and support!!! and your healing prayers!! Please keep praying for my sweet son!! I love him so much!!!! MIRACLES DOOOOO HAPPEN!!!!
May God bless you all for praying for our family!!!!!
Love you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment