Friday, May 15, 2009

2nd week of Radiation.
Posted 19 hours ago
I cant even begin to tell you how good Travyn is doing. He is always so happy and such a busy body. Jayson and I are lovin life and having our own little family. Its what I have always wanted and I cant wait until Tray is all better and we can think about having more kids. Travyn will be the best big brother!!! :) We have one more day of Radiation for this week and then we have Saturday and Sunday off and WE CAN SLEEP IN!!! YAY!but, so far Radiation has gone great! We get up at 5:00 every morning and I give Travyn his Prevacid and Euthomycin. (Prevacid is like baby tums and Euthomycin is an antibiotic.) then we get ready, eat breakfast and leave the house by 6:50. We get to Huntsmans and walk to our room they have assigned us. Thats where we meet the anesthesiologists. They walk us back to the Radiation room where we drop off Tray. We put him down on the radiation table and then they tell us they'll call us when there down. The first day of Radiation they sedated Tray while we were in the room and they didnt even worn us. I was looking around at all the equipment and I looked back at Tray and he was out his eyes were open and my heart dropped. It was so scary! I was kinda upset they didnt worn us. I didnt want to see that. :( anyway so once we leave we go upstairs and go eat breakfast at "The Point" restaurant and by the time we sit down they are already calling us saying Trays all done with Radiation. So we head downstairs. We have to sit with Tray for 30 min while they monitor him and then we leave. On Mondays and Thursdays we have Labs at Primary Childrens. So those days we get done with Radiation and head to Primarys right after. He get blood drawn to see how hia protein is and everything else. Then we go home and I hook him back up to his feeding pump and his T.P.N and Lipids. T.P.N is Total parenteral nutrition, it is the practice of feeding a person intravenously, bypassing the usual process of eating and digestion. The person receives nutritional formulas containing salts, glucose, amino acids, lipids and added vitamins. Its extra calories. They call it dinner in a bag. He recives those because he is not meeting his feeding goal with formula, which is 43 mls and hour and he is only getting 25 mls an hour and they want to make sure he is getting the nutrition he needs. After I do all that we go on with our daily lives. We are free to do whatever we want. We go on walks down to Temple Square, We go see family and friends (that arent SICK!) and then we come home eat dinner, give Tray a bath and get him ready for bed and at Midnight we turn off his feeds cause he cant have anything by mouth for 8 hours before he gets sedated. Then we do it all over agian the next day. We absolutly have no complaints though. Its all so worth it and its nothing like being in the hospital. We are so grateful for everyday with our precious baby boy. We are truly blessed how well he is doing and how much of a difference it has been since he has been out of the hospital. He has learned so much lately and the oncologists are all so impressed with his progress. I know, if it wasnt for our Heavenly Father he would not be where he is at today. I thank him everyday. And to all of you that have prayed for my sweet son. THANK YOU SO MUCH! You will never know how much it means to me and my family. I wish there was somthing I could do to show you my gratitude. I love you all so much!
Thanks for the love and support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment