Monday, July 13, 2009

#1 Stem-Cell Replacment.
Posted Jul 9, 2009 10:55pm
Today has been such a great day. Very busy and tiring for Baby Tray but he seemed to manage everything ok. :) Travyn received his 1st set of Stem-Cells today. Before they got started they had a liitle BMT Birthday Party for him. (BMT stands for: Bone Marrow Transplant.) It was the sweetest thing. 13 nurses came in and sang "Happy BMT Birthday" to Travyn. He loved it!!! Travyn started clapping his hands and was looking at me like "Mom, is this all for me?" It was so cute. BMT brought him some presents and a "BMT recipient" t-shirt and a cute blankie. The Bone Marrow Team goes all out for these kids. Its so neat! So after his party they brought in the stem-cells and it went very smoothly. He received 2 bags of his own stem-cells. They told us about a perservative that is put in the stem-cells once they have harvested them called "DMSO". DMSO is "Dimethyl sulfoxide" which penetrates the stem-cells into the Bone Marrow. They also warned us about the "DMSO" and how it will make Travyn STINK like Cream Corn. Well to me it doesnt smell like cream corn, it smells like V-8 juice and all the nurses agree when I tell them that I think it smells like V-8 they say "Oh my gosh, nobody has said that before and thats exactly what it smells like" lol I think it smells pretty good and a matter of fact I went and bought myself a V-8. lol Every nurse that walks in to come see Travyn, the first thing they say is "Awww, Bone Marrow!!!" its hilarious! They said the smell will last about 3 days. Today was the last day for the 3 baths per day and the 4 time oral care a day. Travyn sure loves baths and when I take him out he throws a tantrum. :( but gets over it fast. Yesterday, Tray had his rest day. He didnt feel to good. The nausea came in waves it seemed like. But he got through the day just fine and is continuing to fight this battle. Travyn is my little hero and when he looks at me its like his eyes are telling me "Mom, whats all the fuss about, im going to be fine" He is my hero, my Baby Tray, my bestfriend, and the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you Baby Tray! Mommy is right here by your side and im not going anywhere. YOUR MY LIFE 4 EVER!!!!
Thank you for all your love and support. Your prayers have been heard and answered. Please please please keep praying for my precious Baby that he will fight this beast.
Love you all with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment