Monday, June 22, 2009

Posted 14 hours ago
First of all, I want to thank you for the many prayers that have been said in behalf of my little boy. Words cannot express how much they mean to me and my family. We know that through the power of your prayers the MRI results will be what we all have hoped and prayed for. May God bless you all for praying for Travyn and our family.
Last Thursday I took Travyn in to have his central line checked out because it looked a little red and I wanted to make sure it wasnt getting infected. They swabbed it and took blood cultures and sure enough everything was fine. Im just a little 'worry wort' and I dont want to take any chances when it comes to my sweet boy. :)While I was at the Doctors. The BMT (Bone Marrow Transplant Team) came in and had Travyn's road map on his upcoming procedures. I was shocked when I saw how soon we were going to start his 3rd cycle of Chemotherapy and his Stem-Cell Replacement. WOW!! What a busy week we have starting tomorrow at 8am. The month that I thought we were going to have for a break turned into 2 weeks. :( I am happy and sad at the same. Happy because the sooner we start the sooner we will be finished and sad because I dont want to see my sweet precious baby go through this awful Chemo. He has been such a happy little boy and I DONT want to see him sick. But I feel grateful this time because he will get the Stem-Cells Replacment and I've been told by the Oncologist that the Stem-Cell Peplacement does WONDERS!!!!!
Heres Travyn's Road Map.
Starting Tomorrow, Monday June 22 at 8:00am Travyn will have his MRI.
Wednesday, June 24: Jayson and I will meet with Dr. Colte for a Neuropsych Evaluation. At this point im not sure what this consists of.
Thursday, June 25: Travyn has labs at 11:30 to check his ANC and Blood Count. and at 1:00 Travyn will have a EKG (heart test), a Spinal Tap, a Echocardiogram. (A Echocardiogram is a test in which ultrasound is used to examine the heart), and a Audiogram to test his hearing. He will be sedated for all of this. The reason why they test his hearing is cause the chemo and Radiation is so damaging and Travyn can lose his hearing in the future. Right now his hearing is perfect and responds very well to noise.
Friday, June 26: Jayson and I have school at Primary Childrens from 10:00am to 2:45pm to learn about: Dietary, Pharmacy Education, Nursing, Child Life, Social Work. A little more educaion wont hurt us.;) What a day huh?? My Mom will be watching Tray while we are at school. Tray is so excited, he loves his Ah-ma so much and everytime he sees her he gets so excited he clenches his little fists and smiles so big!!!!
Monday, July 6: Travyn will be getting admitted back into Primary Childrens to start chemo :(
Please keep praying for my sweet baby that everything will go smooth and that there will be no complications and THAT HE WILL BE HEALED AND THAT THIS MRI WILL SHOW AMAZING RESULTS!!!!
I will update you all on how the MRI goes and when I get the results. but I do know the results may take a couple of days, just so you know. :)
I love you all so much and cant thank you enough for the prayers being said for Travyn...Thank you and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment